Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Alaska


I just got back from Alaska yesterday. Above is a picture of my brother Mark on the lake behind the cabin where we stayed in Soldotna. And below is a satellite shot of the lake. The river running down the left side is the Kenai River where I caught two kings: one was the 40+ pounder I posted about earlier and another, much smaller, 12 pound "jack" king. All in all we brought back between four and five hundred pounds of meat, about 220 of which was halibut.

Overall I had an incredible time. It was cold and rainy and there was a certain amount of drama on the last day that I have come to terms with and I enjoyed it immensely. We caught a lot of fish, played a lot of cards, and ate way too much great food every night. Thanks to my dad for investing in this experience for his 5 sons.


After getting home around 4 o'clock yesterday afternoon Whit and I killed some time at Ikea before going to see the Dark Knight on imax. WOW. That's all I can say.

No comments: