Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Whitest Boy Alive

The more I hear this band the more I like them. I've had one of their songs for a while now and just downloaded another last night, but I need to just get the CD because it's so good. I don't know if this is an official music video or not, but I do love Op Art and these little brain teasers.



Well, I'm finally done with my catalog. Done might not be the right word but at least it's turned in so I don't have to worry about it anymore. It does need a lot of refining but it's at least a good concept, I think. My whole idea was to bring a level of interactivity into the catalog. I wanted to keep things feeling very loose and casual so it would encourage the viewer to take part in the design of it to a certain degree. If I did something like this for real I would try to include a contest where you would send in your colored catalog and there would be prizes. Just like that coloring contest at Arctic Circle I won when I had the chicken pox. Anywho, I did all these coloring book page illustrations but I didn't incorporate the boards into them, instead just throwing the boards on top of the illustrations. It gave it a disjointed feel that I will have to address before it goes into my final portfolio. So, as a treat I'm throwing on the Connect-the-dots page I did.

No comments: