Friday, February 8, 2008

Well, I never got around to scanning this on a big scanner so my crappy little one will have to due. Whit keeps our camera in her purse and when she's at home I always forget to grab it from her so you'll have to put up with the wrinkles in the paper and the cropped image until later. I made sure you got the most important part, you know, my face. I'm getting close to being done with this print. There are a couple areas that I've got to work on and then I'm going to scan it in and try screen printing it, adding some colors and other stuff. We'll see how it turns out. None of that will be done by the Undergrad show so all I'll enter there is the finished looking woodcut print. I've got this weekend to work on it because I've been neglecting my other assignment. The album cover won't be until next month and we haven't decided if we're doing the year we were born or not. I think I've got it narrowed down to doing Billy Idol if I have to do 1982, otherwise I'm thinking about doing Bowie.

And just because I know all three of you that look at this page were dying from the anticipation of knowing what my final snowboard looked like, here it is:

I only made subtle changes, but I'm really happy with how it turned out. And I was really impressed with the majority of my classmates'. I took the class for about a month last year and saw the boards that they did then and I think these are much better. Now on to the catalog.

2 comments:

Matt said...

GOOD JOB MATTY...I AM JEALOUS OF YOUR SKILLS.

mrs. farlanderz said...

Matt - Amy is going to be home March 20th and wanted me to get in touch with you and Whitney for a welcome home get-together that Sunday or Monday night - let me know if you guyswill be around and feel free to invite anyone else Amy would want to be there.

-Helene Farland