Thursday, February 21, 2008

Camera phones

I guess I'll start off with a couple pictures I've shot with my camera phone in the last week. This first one is of a van down in Orem that apparently gets a little bit too hot, so they installed a swamp cooler on the back. All it needs is the spoiler and you're basically set to start your own A team.

And this is a shot of beautiful Logan and its signature Inversion while I was on my way to school today. It had actually cleared up quite a bit at this point, though we still can't see the mountains. Anytime they call a red air day you know it will look about like this, which might have something to do with them not requiring emissions testing.

Anywho, Willie McMillion from Bluebird and Solid snowboards came and talked to us today about our boards. He said all of the designs were a lot better than most of the designs he just saw at the trade shows. It was pretty sweet, he gave us a lot of info on what all goes into making snowboards and a lot of background on Solid. It's got me thinking about emailing some more companies and trying to get some more feedback on some of my designs and how to break into that market (maybe do some freelance stuff?).

For the past 2 days we've had Karen Kunc up here doing a residency, which basically consists of doing a seminar and a workshop. It was really cool to watch her work, she makes good use of stencils and has figured out how to get this great fuzzy quality that you don't usually see in woodcuts. I'm already trying to figure out how to incorporate some of her techniques into my next woodcut assignment, which is a portrait of Steve Zissou. I'll try to get some drafts of it up soon, but we're probably looking at next Tuesday.

Oh, and just a heads up for anyone considering buying Turbotax this year, buy it at Best Buy where they'll give you a free movie of your choice. We just completed our Pirates trilogy.

2 comments:

Matt said...

I am sorry to tell you that Vector Magic just started charging for the service...stupid!

Mandy Coffey said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's swamp cooler van is hilarious