Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Valentine's and President's Day

Overall, a great weekend. Thursday night was the annual Valentine's Ball at the Provo Library so since we were already getting Monday off because of President's Day we decided to take Friday off and make an extra-long weekend of it. We spent a lot of time with family and friends and surprisingly I actually got some homework done.

Saturday afternoon Whit and the girls in her family went to see Definitely Maybe and us boys went and saw Jumper. Both came home disappointed. It wasn't the worst movie I've seen, I'm afraid Eragon sits on that throne, but it was just very poorly done. It wasn't a character driven movie (they really did nothing to make you care about the characters aside from that basic human feeling of not wanting someone to die), nor was it a plot driven movie, it was based on special effects and it never explained anything. In addition it was only an hour and a half long. They really needed to take the extra half hour and develop the character's more and give the viewer something to relate to. I'd say it's probably worth seeing, but only at the dollar theater or rented from Redbox. I'm told the book is better so I'm going to give it a try.

I was extremely excited when I got home from the movie to find that Whit had gone to Target and bought me this awesome bottle of water and 5 bags of Sweettarts Jellybeans. I'm a sucker for cool glass bottles and decanters. I'm not sure what it is about them that I think is so great.

Saturday night we went up to Salt Lake with my parents, Mark, Lana and Gabe to eat some of the best Chinese Food I've ever had at David's Kitchen on 3300 South. My dad is a regular there and knows that basically everything's good, so when we were seated they didn't give us menus and instead we just leave it up to David to make something that we'll like. The only things we requested were three orders of Pot Stickers and some Walnut Chicken, which I would say is a necessity if you are going there.

I'm getting tired of writing so I'll end it here. I've got a busy day ahead of me, though things have opened up some since I found out the guys from Solid snowboards are coming to look at our designs on Thursday instead of today. Aside from my normal class I have today we've got the visiting artist Karen Kunc here to do a workshop and seminar, so I'll be busy with that for most of the day.

No comments: