Monday, May 4, 2009

Graduation and a lot of other people's work.

I guess this means I graduated. Now what, you ask? That's a valid question. Find a job, that's as far as I've gotten. My website is now up. Go to woodandpixels.com. I've got a list of things that I've got to do in the next little while to get it all finished up but overall I'm pretty happy with it.

Yesterday being the lazy Sunday it was I decided to go through some of my stuff. I pulled out a bunch of the work I have that isn't framed and laid it out to see how much room it would take up when it's not stacked on top of itself. My goal is to someday hang all of it salon-style in my house. The sad thing about this is that there are still quite a few of my friends that I don't have any of their work and need to get some. That, and I need to convince Nicki to mount my deer like she did her own for the BFA show.

Here are all the prints from the last print exchange I took part in. We teamed up with Montana State University and had theme "What would a woodcut cut if a woodcut could cut wood?" or something along those lines. I apologize for the crappiness of the picture but if you look closely you should be able to see that there are a few in there that are pretty freaking good.

I really don't like this layout. I like the pictures left-aligned but I also don't want the text to wrap around it. I guess this will have to do until I get a new blog done with Wordpress.

4 comments:

mrs. farlanderz said...

Good on ya....
I am still diggin the goods. You can be like me and instead of getting a job, just go back for more school eh?!

Em said...

I agree, I'm not pleased with the way the photos/type work out on here.

As far as the pictures you've posted, I am supremely jealous of your Jay Ryan posters. Also, you're was one of the best Woodchuck prints of the bunch. Perhaps I don't get a few...I think people make up parameters when they don't understand them.

Nic said...

So.....I would totally love to mount the deer for you. Could this nice gesture be returned with another print?? It's up to you really, I'll probably do it either way...just wanted to take advantage of the situation.

Nic said...

PS

Where are the pics of me ruining the kodak moment of graduation? Did they turn out amazing?